You are here: Home > Website Links
Recommended Sites for Adventure & Outdoor Travel Enthusiasts
Outdoor Expedition Companies
- British Schools Expedition SocietyThe British Schools Exploring Society (BSES Expeditions) encourages learning in the outdoors and the benefits of adventure activities are becoming increasingly recognised as an effective tool for developing skills such as self-reliance.
- Climb Your MountainCYM has many volunteers where you can enjoy the benefits of exercise, outdoor activities and challenges. Helping to better yourself to physical and mental wellbeing and also help others to deal with and overcome difficult times they may face.
- International School of MountaineeringISM run the most extensive programme of alpine mountaineering courses. This is coupled with a range of Haute Route treks across the Alps in summer, with Ski Tours and Off-piste skiing courses throughout the year.
- Jagged GlobeJagged Globe has been widely recognised as world-leader in providing mountaineering expeditions, treks and outdoor courses for over two decades. They employ local staff, use locally owned organisations & hotels and buy as many local resources as possible.
One Life ExperienceWith Onelife campervan hire all you have to do is turn up and go. You can leave your car in their secure covered parking or they can collect you from an airport or station. With Onelife campervan rental you can go where you want, when you want.
- Walkfree BreakfreeTheir inclusive cheap weekend breaks and holidays promote community and fun. University designed exclusively to appeal to all who love the outdoors - for beginners, the experienced or those seeking a challenge.
- World Challenge Expeditions World Challenge provides educational expeditions in the developing world which teach life skills and expand minds outside the classroom. Our bespoke 3 to 6-week student travel itineraries foster team spirit and leadership skills.
Adventure Travel Organisations
British Alpine Club
The Alpine Club, the world's first mountaineering club, is Britain's only national club for Alpinists. Since it was founded in 1857 its members have been at the leading edge of worldwide mountaineering development and exploration.
British Mountain Guides
BMG members work as Mountain Guides in the UK, Europe and further afield in the world’s famous climbing areas and high mountain ranges. Everyone of their BMG Guides has a solid base of experience, knowledge and skill.
- British Mountaineering CouncilIs the representative body that exists to protect the freedoms and promote the interests of climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers, including ski-mountaineers. The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death.
- FCO Travel AdviceThe Foreign and Commonwealth Office – ‘the FCO’ or ‘the Foreign Office’ for short – is the government department responsible for promoting British interests overseas and supporting citizens and businesses around the globe.
- Mountain RescueThe mountain and cave rescue service in England and Wales is provided by around 3500 volunteers. Besides being called to help those in the moorlands and mountains, teams are frequently tasked to assist the police in the search of semi-urban areas for missing persons.
Mountaineering Council of Scotland
The only recognised representative organisation for mountain walkers and climbers who live in Scotland or who enjoy Scotland’s mountains. They are also the national governing body for sport climbing and represent climbers who use indoor walls as their venue.
A charity which is independent of government, they protect and open to the public over 350 historic houses, gardens and ancient monuments. They also look after forests, woods, beaches, farmland, moorland, islands, archaeological remains, castles, nature reserves and villages.
National Search and Rescue Dog Association
NSARDA is an umbrella organisation for Air Scenting Search Dogs in the UK. It represents Search And Rescue Dog Associations within the UK, and currently has member associations in Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland.
Outdoor Equipment Clothing Retailers
- BerghausIs an outdoor clothing and equipment manufacturer who provide for the outdoor enthusiast.
- Black DiamondAll about mountain sports, Black Diamond specialise in providing Climbing, Skiing and Mountain equipment and clothing.
- BrasherWith an authentic, grass roots heritage and unrivalled history in technical innovation they are market leaders in outdoor leisure footwear, creating the ultimate walking performance – anywhere.
- BuffaloThe Buffalo range of British made, outdoor performance clothing and sleeping bags are designed for use in a variety of activities and conditions, including the very worst winter weather.
- DMMPositioned in the heart of the most historical and important climbing area in the U.K. they see their close relationship with the climbing fraternity as a major influence on history. They design Kit that is made by climbers for climbers.
- GrivelWith their headquarters in Courmayeur, in the Alps, the company is considered to be one of the world’s best brand names in mountaineering equipment. It is the world leader in the production of crampons and among the leaders of ice axe producers too.
- LifesystemsProtecting adventurers and explorers against accident and disease for over 16 years. Constant research, regular product revision and scientific innovation keep them at forefront of outdoor and travel health protection.
- Lowe AlpineFunction comes first and if that means creating an entirely new concept then so be it. They claim innovations such as Triplepoint Ceramic waterproof/breathable fabric, Dryflo underwear, APS back systems, Crossbow stabilization - the list goes on.
- MacpacMacpac Wilderness Equipment is a successful New Zealand company specialising in outdoor adventure equipment best known for backpacks and sleeping bags.
- MarmotIn the 1970s all items were changed to the line to Gore-Tex fabrications, including the down garments and all the sleeping bags, the first Gore-Tex bivy sack and a Gore-Tex single fabric layer and mountaineering tent: the Taku.
- MeindlProducing over one million pairs of footwear they deliver them to the most important outdoor markets in the world. In the Alps, in the deserts of Africa and Asia, in the South American jungle or in the Australian outback – alpinists, adventurers and people who travel a great deal on foot swear by Meindl boots and shoes.
- MontaneThe leading brand of lightweight, multisport, endurance mountain gear.
- Mountain EquipmentMountain Equipment has been making some of the finest gear in the world since 1961. Spanning more than four decades, their experience in equipping the world's elite for the harshest conditions on earth is legendary.
- Mountain HardwearContinually challenging themselves to bring technical innovation to outdoor gear and to create detail-oriented design features that anticipate users' needs. Mountain Hardwear combines that innovation and attention to detail with superior product quality.
- MSRThey understand the draw of the outdoors and the rewards you find discovering the world in its natural form. It is their goal to promote active outdoor recreation while protecting the public lands, wilderness areas, and waterways that sustain us all.
- RabThe Rab brand is renowned for producing outstanding quality clothing and sleeping bags, suitable for extreme cold environments and high altitude mountaineering.
- ScarpaTheir range encompasses footwear from shore to summit and everything in between, and uses the most sophisticated synthetics as well as the best quality leathers: a full 360° vision of mountain adventure.
- SilvaSilva is the leading manufacturer of compasses worldwide. Outdoor and Wellness are the main business areas with products such as compasses, pedometers, headlamps, outdoor instruments, binoculars, professional instruments and orienteering equipment.
- Terra NovaTerra Nova means 'new ground', and this is reflected in their commitment to innovation and quality. An independent company for over a decade, they have developed a name for ourselves worldwide, famous for the quality, reliability and technical expertise of their designs.
- The North FaceDelivers an extensive line of performance apparel, equipment, and footwear. They push the boundaries of innovation so that you can push the boundaries of exploration and remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers.
- Therm-a-RestIs the name for the line of self-inflating camping mattresses. They were invented in the early 1970s by two former Boeing engineers, who were avid backpackers and are perfect for sleeping in the outdoors.
- VangoThey spend time investigating what to do to make your outdoor experiences better, easier and ultimately more rewarding. They launch products which win industry awards and they develop products that are trusted by expedition leaders in extreme conditions.
- Wild Country ClimbingWild Country's high quality portfolio of rock climbing gear suits all types of climbing; trad climbing, sports climbing, indoor climbing, bouldering. ice climbing, and mountaineering.